Marketer is one of the leading proptech companies in Europe, with a superior offering of data-driven, AI-powered and automated digital marketing and sales solutions for residential real estate. Marketer already serves clients in more than 20 countries on all continents, with outlooks of continued massive growth. Our state-of-of-the-art solutions are revolutionizing the way developers and real estate agencies work with their sales planning, digital marketing, the transaction itself, and after-sales activities.
By providing an end-to-end platform for developers we provide our newbuild customers with a complete e-Commerce solution. Combined with targeting the right buyers, at the right time and place, we also enable developers to drive traffic to their store, enabling them to understand their customers, take control over the customer journey, and drive direct sales.
Selling secondhand real estate is all about finding the right buyer. We offer real estate agents a solution to leverage data and insights to create the best sales strategy, and the tools to reach the most relevant buyers. And it works - we recently published a study on the “Marketer effect” proving how customers achieve a premium on the selling price when using our solution.
Marketer also operates the two online residential real estate portals; Eiendom.no and Newbuilds.com.
Join our team as: Team Lead with Ruby on Rails skills (Remote)
We are looking for an experienced Team Lead with Ruby on Rails skills who wants to develop our well-received marketing platform, other products and unique ideas. Here you will get to work closely with other remote- and in-house developers, and with every department within the company. At Marketer, we have a flat organisational structure with talented, fun and inspirational colleagues. We are open minded and will listen to your ideas. Further, you will have a great influence on decisions and processes at our company.
What you will be working with:
As Team Lead, you will be responsible for mentoring on topics from troubleshooting and security to conflict resolution, team commitment, and accountability. You will also evaluate team members on planning and coordination and ensure that they have all the necessary tools and knowledge to achieve their goals. You will track team performance in various ways, such as response or resolution times, system and support recovery, and team satisfaction. Prior leadership experience is highly beneficial for this position. You must also have an in-depth understanding of the company's unique strategies and processes. It is important that your work hours are within GMT +1.
- Lead a team in the development, coding, and delivery of new software products and applications.
- Perform product and customer research and develop improvement strategies based on findings.
- Collaborate with team members to identify strengths and weaknesses of applications and improve upon them.
- Analyzing product requirements and breaking down work into tasks
- Work estimation, distributing tasks between team members
- Evaluate the functionality of products and remediate any lapse in functionality.
Your skills and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in full-time, hands-on web development
- Close attention to detail, and strong communication skills
- Ability to inspire team members, and strong problem-solving and multitasking skills
- The ability to think critically and demystify complex requirements
Your technical skills:
- Ruby on rails: preferably version 5 or above
- Understanding of BDD/TDD and relevant tools in Ruby
Good to have, but not a requirement:
- Experience with recruitment, onboarding and retaining hardworking software engineers
- Amazon EC2
These are some of our Benefits
Work where you want
- Work remotely or come join us at Tjuvholmen, Oslo. If you prefer working from home, we'll pay to set you up with a great workstation - computer and desk included. If you're unable to join us at the office but still feel like leaving the house, we'll sponsor a seat in a co-working space of your choice.
- We believe in the “remote-way” of working, as we trust you to know where you do your best work.
- If located outside of Norway, we'll fly you in a couple of times a year to meet the rest of the team.
- If you want to move to Oslo, we will help you with the relocation and visa-applications.
Work how you want
- We think people are the happiest and most productive when they work on their own schedule. Therefore, we offer flexible working hours and an environment where you spend less time in meetings or back-and-forth on email, and more time focusing on the work that matters.
- We also think it's important to maintain a good work/life balance. We won't expect you to work overtime and offer five weeks of paid vacation time.
Work that's rewarding
- Excellent pay: Our salaries are highly competitive, suited to your experience level
- Health insurance: No matter where you live, we will sponsor a comprehensive health insurance plan for you and your family.
- Hardware and software is on us.
- Training budget that you can invest in your own continued training.
- Stock options: There might be an opportunity to buy stocks in our company, in order for you to get direct ownership of the work you are doing.
- You will work with ambitious, talented professionals with great knowledge, and we want you to learn from us and also share your knowledge to enhance our continued development.
Join us as we grow!